Welcome to Heaven...
Mac and cheese is a must that no one can live without. If you're looking to feed your Macaroni and Cheese craving and still stay healthy in the process, this is the recipe for you! Be warned, I promise that you will definitely go back for more.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked Overnight)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (To rub on butternut squash)
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Small Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Garlic Clove Roasted
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Cup Water or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Eliminate if you not like spicy food)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Box of Banza Chickpea Macaroni Shells
D I R E C T I O N S:
- Soak cashews in water for at least three hours. You can eliminate this step if you are using a high powered blender ie: Vitamix etc.
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Cut butternut squash in half, brush with olive oil.
- Place butternut squash along with the fresh garlic clove on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take butternut squash and garlic out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, begin boiling your water to make your pasta.
- Scrape out the inside of one half of the squash and place it in your blender.
- Add the garlic, drained cashews, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, dijon mustard, turmeric, pepper flakes, water (or almond milk) and salt and pepper to the blender with the squash and blend until smooth.
- Taste the "cheese" and see if it needs anything. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Follow the directions on the box of pasta to finish cooking the pasta.
- Add the sauce to your pasta. Enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Comment below and let me know your thoughts.
Love and light,